I’ve been loving tofu scramble! I call it tofu scrambie for fun. So good for breakfast and one container of tofu lasts me for about 2-3 breakfasts.
I bought myself a tofu press for Christmas and it’s amazing! I used to squeeze the water out and soak the excess water with paper towels. Very wasteful, but it works…The tofu press squeezes the water out all the way which makes it cook more evenly. It really helps if you grill or fry it up. For this recipe, you don’t have to go too crazy getting the excess liquid out, it just takes a bit longer to cook thoroughly.
Gather spices: turmeric for color, salt or egg salt/black salt, and pepper.
- Drain tofu of liquid and squeeze as dry as possible.
- Cut the tofu into cubes.
- Warm frying pan on the stove over medium heat.
- Add oil to the pan.
- Once warmed, add the tofu to the pan and mash with spoon.
- Add a small dash of turmeric for color and mix until all tofu is yellow.
- If you have black salt/egg salt, you can use in place of the salt. I recommend about 1/8 to 1/4 tsp and mix.
- Add salt and pepper to taste either while it’s still in the pan, or upon serving.
- Dress them up like you would scrambled eggs!