These banana bread muffins are so satisfying and delicious! I don’t feel guilty eating them either because all the ingredients are healthy (in moderation).
If you want the bread to be gluten-free, make sure that the oats are certified gluten-free. Sometimes oats are mixed with other, non-wheat, grains.
Some people are, but I’m not a huge fan of the hint of coconut flavor, so I love to use butter flavored coconut oil in the batter and to grease the pan too! Vegetable oil is another oil you could substitute for coconut oil.
- 2 medium-size ripe bananas
- 1/4 cup unsweetened creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond or coconut milk
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon melted coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 and 3/4 + 1/2 cup old-fashioned oats, divided
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease or line muffin tin or pan.
- In a mixing bowl, mash the 2 bananas.
- Mix in peanut butter, nut milk, syrup, coconut oil, and vanilla. (Highly recommend adding the peanut butter first. I dropped it in after the milk and syrup…things got messy.)
- Use a blender or food processor to grind the 1 and 3/4 cup oats to a very course flour as shown below. (Finer flour will yield a final product with a gummy texture.)
- Mix the course oat flour, the 1/2 cup whole oats, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, and salt into the batter.
- Once you have a relatively smooth batter, mix in chocolate chips!
- Scoop into your pan or muffin tin.
- Use a spatula or knife to spread the batter across the pan. (It doesn’t need to be perfect, just get it into all the corners.)
- Cook the bread for 30 minutes, muffins for 15-20 minutes depending on the size of the muffins. (I cooked my 6 large muffins for 20 minutes.)
- Check if the middle of the bread is cooked with a toothpick or fork.
- Set bread to cool on a cooling rack for 10 minutes.
- If you greased the pan instead of using a liner, use a fork or knife to carefully remove the bread from the pan.