- taco shells
- 1 can of beans (your choice of kidney, black, or pinto)
- 1/2 cup of your favorite salsa
- handful of spinach
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper (optional if you like the spice!)
- guacamole or avocado (to balance the spice and replace the cheese)
- shredded lettuce
- chopped tomatoes
- black olives
- extra salsa
- Tofutti sour cream (optional if you don’t like avocado or aren’t worried about the extra calories)
- Warm a frying pan over medium heat and preheat oven to cook your taco shells according to the package.
- Drain the can of beans and pour into pan with salsa.
- Cook stirring occasionally for about 3 minutes to cook the beans.
- Throw in your spinach (it doesn’t add too much taste, but adds great superfood nutrients!!) and add the spices.
- Lower the burner to low-medium heat and cover to wilt the spinach, stirring occasionally. Now is normally a good time to throw the taco shells in the oven, but double check against the package!
- Once the spinach is wilted, serve your filling in the taco shell and top with your choice of ingredients from the topping list!
Vegan Pro Tip: Use taco fillings that are left over as topping for a taco salad for lunch or dinner the next day!