- 1 cup dry quinoa
- 2 cups vegetable stock (or water with 1 tsp cumin and 1/2 tsp pepper)
- 1 can of corn
- 1 can of diced tomatoes, with jalapeños if you like spicy!
- 1 can of your favorite beans (chickpeas, kidney, or black beans)
- 1 can of olives
- 1 small zucchini
- 1/4 red onion
- 1/2 lime (approx. 1 Tbsp of juice)
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped (1 Tbsp dried cilantro)
- Put dry quinoa and stock, or water and spices, in large sauce pan over high heat.
- Reduce heat to medium-low when the pot is boiling and cover.
- Let quinoa cook for a total of approximately 15 minutes, or until all kernels are open and fluffy. Stirring is not necessary or recommended. Best results come when the lid is left on during the whole cooking process.
- Once quinoa is thoroughly cooked, move it to a bowl. Refrigerate to cool if desired to serve salad cold.
- While the quinoa is cooking and cooling, prepare remaining ingredients. Thinly slice zucchini and quarter the slices; dice red onion.
- Combine ingredients in a small bowl and mix well.
- Combine quinoa with remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Serve cool or warm and enjoy!
- Option to top each serving with sliced avocado and a whole, fresh cilantro leaf.