CAUTION: These cookies are highly addictive!! Even my dad, who refuses to eat anything vegan and identifies highly with Ron Swanson [see Parks and Rec], cannot get enough of them even though he knows they are vegan!
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 Tbsp applesauce
- 1/2 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice, or 1/8 tsp each of ginger, cloves, all-spice
- 1/2 cup vegan chocolate chips (my favorite are Enjoy Life chips, also any milk-free chocolate works, most dark chocolates are vegan)
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Stir thoroughly pumpkin, sugar, oil, applesauce, and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, stir thoroughly flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, and other spices.
- Slowly pour flour mixture into pumpkin mixture and blend well.
- Once all the flour mixture is blended, stir in the chocolate chips.
- Scoop dough in 1-inch balls onto a lightly greased cookie sheet spaced 1 inch apart, they don’t expand too much.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes based on desired texture.
Makes approximately one dozen cookies.