- 1 small sweet potato
- 1/2 cup of frozen, shelled edamame (found in with frozen vegetables at Target)
- 2-3 Tbsp of salsa
- Wash sweet potato.
- Make a shallow cut length wise on the potato.
- Throw sweet potato in the microwave on a microwave-safe plate and hit the potato button, or cook for about 5 minutes. Time length will vary based on size of potato.
- Use oven mitt or towel to remove sweet potato from microwave and set aside to cool slightly.
- Put edamame in a microwaveable cup and cover beans with water. Cook for approximately 3 minutes.
- Drain water from cup with edamame in it.
- Push the long ends of the potato in to open the sweet potato like a bowl.
- Top sweet potato with 1/2 cup edamame and 2-3 Tbsp salsa.
- Optional: heat the salsa in the microwave for 20 seconds prior to topping the sweet potato with it. I personally prefer a really warm potato and cool/room-temp salsa.
One serving is approximately 300 calories.