- 1 can of chickpeas
- 1/2 cup of flour (approx)
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 Tbsp of cooking oil (vegetable, olive, coconut…whatever you like!)
- salad greens and other toppings
- 1/2 of an avocado (optional – good to counter the spice, especially if you don’t find dairy-free ranch)
- vegan ranch (just ranch is pictured, they were recently found to test on animals, so I do NOT recommend their products)
- your favorite buffalo sauce! (just read the label of ingredients and make sure it doesn’t contain dairy as some buffalo sauce will; *vegan hack: use the app, “Is it Vegan?,” from my last blog posting! Sweet Baby Ray’s and Frank’s Red Hot Buffalo Sauces are vegan 😛)
- Heat a medium-large sized frying pan over medium heat with the 2 Tbsp of cooking oil.
- Open can of chickpeas and drain the liquid.
- Dump the chickpeas in a Tupperware container with a lid.
- Add pepper and garlic and shake the container to evenly distribute.
- Cover chickpeas with the flour (this may not take the whole 1/2 cup).
- Put the lid on the Tupperware and shake until all the chickpeas have a light layer of flour.
- Dump the chickpeas in the warmed frying pan and cook until they are golden, stirring occasionally. You may want to turn the heat up to medium-high heat, but watch closely to avoid burning!
- Once the chickpeas are golden, lower the heat and stir in just enough buffalo sauce to cover the chickpeas. (Too much makes them a little soggy and mushy which I don’t like, but if you do, go for it!)
- While the buffalo sauce is warming, prep your salad veggies in a large bowl or plate.
- Top your salad with the buffalo chickpeas and avocado and/or vegan ranch dressing.