- 1 – 2 medium sized potato or sweet potato
- 2 tsp of salt
- 2 tsp of pepper, optional
- 1 tsp of cumin, optional
- 2 Tbsp vegetable or olive oil (you can also use sprayable cooking spray which helps to use less oil and makes this recipe a little more healthy)
- Preheat the oven to about 350F.
- Cut potatoes into strips length wise. The thinner you cut them, the quicker they cook and the more likely to become crunchy they are. *Tip: if you like crunchy fries, cut them very thin! Lay out on a cookie sheet so they aren’t touching (although it’s not the end of the world if they get a little cozy on the cooking sheet).
- Lightly brush or spray the cooking oil on the potatoes. Too much oil could make the fries soggy.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cooking the fries with spices makes the spices much more potent than adding them after it’s cooked. So remember you can always add more of the salt and pepper after if it’s not enough, but you don’t want to over do it!
- Sprinkling with cumin will also give the fries an extra flavor and this is helpful for avoiding dipping them in ketchup if you’re trying to be healthy!
- Cook the fries for about 15-20 minutes, but watch them until they start to get golden.
- Take them out to cool for a minute or so